14100 Brookhurst St Garden Grove, CA 92843
(Located in the same plaza as Tip Top Sandwiches at the intersection of Brookhurst / Westminster)
BEHOLD: THE BEAUTIFUL POTTED ROOIBOS VANILLA MILK TEA!
YOU CAN OPEN THESE AND SMELL ALL THE DIFFERENT TEAS!
LOOKS SO GOOD!
THE LOUISIANA RUB SEASONING. MY FAVORITE !
MANGO HABENERO X TEXAS RUB: FOR THE LOVERS OF SPICY
THE TEXAS RUB!
OMG DON'T THE CREPES LOOK SO DROOL WORTHY?!
YOU CAN ADD THESE SAUCES AND SEASONINGS TO ANY OF THEIR OTHER FRIED FOODS LIKE POPCORN CHICKEN!
FINALLY! A STORE THAT IS UNIQUE AND 626 WORTHY HAS OPENED IN ORANGE COUNTY: GARDEN GROVE! THANKS TURTLE TEA FOR OFFERING A VARIETY OF MORE THAN 30 DIFFERENT TEAS!
I tried this place out yesterday and I am really impressed. WOW! This place replaced W.T.F. Teahouse and I have to admit, it's a great replacement. Some things are definitely replaceable... you know ? (Sorry W.T.F. Teahouse. You guys were great too though!) I am superrrrrr hyped up about this place and you should be too. It's basically located in the haven of Asian / Vietnamese restaurants: the intersection of Brookhurst & Westminster. And although "Asian" may sometimes be synonymous with bad quality and cheap (sometimes...), this place definitely has the quality for the right price (not overpriced). Why bother going to any other tea place in the area when this place exists?!
The customer service is awesome. Kev and I were greeted immediately as we stepped inside the store. We informed the worker that we were first timers and the worker happily guided us through their variety of teas. If you have any questions, they really know their teas so they can answer probably almost anything about the teas offered! They have small bottles with tea leaves which you can open up to smell. There were just soooooo many that Kev and I seriously felt overwhelmed. Luckily, we didn't feel rushed at all and took our time to smell every single one. They are all so exotic and interesting to me. Some are really herbal, some fruity, some chocolatey, and one even smelled a bit like fruity pebbles (earl grey lavender). We couldn't decide so we took a seat on their extremely soft, cushiony, comfortable sofa and took a look at their menu.
We eventually decided to order 12 pieces of buffalo wings with a free drink (yelp deal). For the free drink, we got the potted rooibos vanilla milk tea with boba in a glass mug (potted: crushed Oreo's and mint leaves on top). One of the workers took our buffalo wing order wrong but he gladly fixed it by giving us 4 more wings with the right flavor. Now that, is SUPERB customer service guys! Everything was so great that we ordered another drink to-go on our way out: the potted Valentine Black milk tea with boba.
SO HERE'S A RECAP / SUMMARY & EXTRA NOTES:
- Yelp Deal:
- Check in on yelp to get the deal
- Get a free iced tea drink when you order 12 buffalo wings (about $11).
- Buffalo wings:
- Mango Habenero: BETTER than the one at Buffalo Wild Wings HANDS DOWN! This is not too spicy but just spicy enough where you can feel it in your throat but not too much so you can still enjoy the chicken. Good job guys!
- Mango Habenero x Texas Rub: One of my favorites. This was suggested by the worker and is NOT on the menu. It's a combination of the Mango Habenero and Texas Rub seasoning together. They should be married because it's a perfect match! It's spicier than Mango Habenero by itself but so good.
- Texas Rub: superrrrrrb. One of my new faves
- Louisiana Rub: This is not a "wet" sauce but more of a .. powdery seasoning. It's soooooooooo good. It's a bit sour but tangy and sweet as well. OMG THIS IS KEV AND I'S FAVORITE FLAVOR!
- This is now one of my favorite places to get wings!
- Potted Rooibos Vanilla Milk Tea with Boba
- Potted Milk Teas are exclusive to those who follow the TURTLETEAOC instagram account. Get this "deal" after you follow them on instagram! It's cheaper with the instagram deal too by like a dollar!
- If there's anything bad I would say, it is that I wish they put more boba. ^___^
- Rooibos is one of my favorite teas. The first time I had it was when I went to Urth Caffe to get the Red Thai Tea (I think they put Rooibos in it) and it tastes soooooooo unique and herbal but with Thai flavor at the same time.
- I really recommend this but you'll have to figure out what you like yourself. Just smell the tea leaves!
- The tea leaf itself smells like chocolate! The taste is even better! It smells like chocolate covered strawberries! That's why I decided to order the potted Vanilla Black Milk Tea because I thought the strawberry covered chocolate taste would compliment the Oreo's!
- It definitely did and I couldn't believe I made such a good combo! I usually don't order good tea drinks. Kev usually orders the better one... but I guess you can't go wrong with any tea here! I was so satisfied!
Think your order is taking awhile? Well at Turtle Tea they literally make the tea after you order it. TASTE THE DIFFERENCE! I sure did! They always say good things come to those that wait. Well, at Turtle Tea, high-quality fresh teas are made for those who wait.
When I think of the 626 area, I always think of milk teas that basically taste like sugar. I always feel blech because I’m drinking too much sugar and my body doesn’t feel too good. However, even though I did say Turtle Tea is “626 worthy” but located in Orange County, I think the milk teas are actually better because it’s not too sweet at all. The sugar and tea ratio is very well-balanced! Thumbs up for the amazing proportions!! I actually feel good after drinking the milk teas instead of feeling like I’m gonna tremble from too much sugar (Like I usually would from like Cha for Tea...dislike that place so much...).
Most of the teas are recommended to be made as Milk Teas unless you really like the flavor by itself because it is pretty strong!
Thanks for the enjoyable service Turtle Tea Team! I'll definitely be coming back! In fact, I'm craving to try some other teas right now!!