Tastemade LIVE! in Santa Monica Event Recap | Photo Diary
Tastemade Events are LEGIT!
It was my first ever Tastemade Event and I was so glad I RSVP'd in time for it! It was so amazing and my belly was so happy and filled! Wow!
I've heard from other foodie friends that Tastemade events are LEGIT! And I was totally blown away my first time!
They hosted a FREE EVENT a few weeks ago (Sept. 29) and I had to RSVP as soon as I had found out! Basically, all you had to do to attend for free was RSVP before it's "sold out" and download the Tastemade app onto your phone!
It was well worth the drive to Santa Monica!
When Kevin and I entered, I was so awed by how much food there was! It seemed limitless! The food demonstrations were really cool as well! There were people torching cheese and people doing latte art. There was also a plating demonstrating with volunteers trying it on their own as well. Plating is harder than it looks!
There were maybe like 10 or less food vendors but attendees were welcome to come back for SECONDS! The Tastemade studio wasn't very big. It's like a warehouse and they have areas of the building divided with their own themed kitchen for cooking and making videos. Even though the place wasn't massively big, there wasn't any worry of bumping into people much! Lots of room to walk around and there wasn't much of any line for any vendors!
I didn't try anything because didn't wanna waste stomach space on the more...bread / flour food like sandwiches and donuts.
But the stuff we tried WERE BOMB!
Here are some highlights:
- Lobster roll from Knuckle and Claw
- too legit to spit ... because these mini lobster rolls were so adorable but super packed with lobster! So good! They could go a little easier on the butter though....
- Kevin came back for more!
- Mama Musubi with the torched cheese. SO GOOD!
- Salt and Straw gave "samples" but were basically big kid - sized scoops on cones (or cup).
- Hopdoddy burger was one of the juiciest burgers I've ever had and was the best thing at the event!
If there is ever another event like this, y'all gotta go! Age 21+ though.